Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Baby

Pete and I were just talking this morning about how we had always thought we would have a "late winter" baby, but now, she is definitely a Spring baby. We for sure didn't think she would be born in April... and unless I go into labor now and have a pretty quick one, she will be!

A fun thing about today is that three years ago, we got engaged! So, it would be fun if she decided to come today to celebrate with us.

Another thing we've been talking about frequently together is our need for control and how God is just kind of forcing us into patience and trust in Him. I, specifically, had all these plans and expectations for how things would go (thought I might have a 2 week old by now!) and I've had to just surrender those plans to the Lord. And I still don't know what the future holds- it's a moment by moment trust in Him.

We've also been convicted about how eagerly we've awaited her arrival with all sorts of emotions (excitement, frustration, tears...), and how we often don't think of the Lord that way- we don't anticipate His coming like we should.

Another battle I've been facing is choosing to trust the doctors and not worry about our baby, ultimately trusting that our baby is in God's hands. I know He will bring her in His timing and that He has a good plan for her. He loves her more than we do!

With that said, baby has been moving a TON still. Even this morning, she woke me up with her kicks. :) We have another appointment tomorrow for a check-up. The induction is still scheduled for Monday morning if we haven't had her by then. Again, our hope and prayer would be to go naturally, but as we are choosing to trust our doctor and ultimately God, this is what we've chosen.

So, anyways, sorry for the longer post. I felt like it would be a good thing to share some of our feelings over the past few days.

And in case your interested: I'm 11 days past my offical due date, but only 3 days past the average naturally occuring labor. The range of normal gestation accoring to our handy pregnancy books is 38 to 44 weeks... and I'm only at 41 and 5/7 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration! Carrie was 16 days late and also born in a month other than the onein which she was due! (She was due April 22, born May 8) My doctor didn't believe in inducing and at the last appointment told me I probably wouldnt' have her before Mother's Day! (May 13 that year) Talk about disappointment! Of course, my water broke about six hours after he told me that, so...God's got the timing all worked out. April 2 would be a good day---I'm not sure I would like to grow up as an April's Fools Day baby. Mark Coddingham, howver, would probably LOVE it if you gave birth on his 50th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Mrs. Loomis! April 2nd would be a good day. :) Mark would love that though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tee hee---Mark wins! (and please, you're a mom--call me by my first name!!!)

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete