Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update on My Immune System

I am sick with either a bad cold or some kind of virus, but thankfully it is not the flu. I've pretty much been in bed sleeping for the past two days and Pete has been wonderful about taking care of me. Although I've had a slight fever and nausea (I think its just pregnancy related or induced), I've been progressing through the sickness just like a typical cold virus. The only bummer thing is not being able to take any medicine for relief or to help my immune system. I have however, at the prompting of Pete's mom, been drinking lots of fluids, and getting lots of rest. :)

I learned the other day that a pregnant woman's immune system is not as strong as normal because you're body needs to not fight off the baby (a foreign object). I thought that was interesting.

Well, as soon as I get better from this cold I'll get the flu shots. I'll also post a new picture soon along with an update on our appointment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment