Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Doctor's Appointment Today {almost 29 weeks}

Just got back from the doctor where everything looks good and they seemed fine with me choosing to test my own blood sugar, instead of doing the glucose screening test.
  • I'm measuring right as 29 weeks.
  • My blood pressure was great.
  • According to my records I've gained two pounds in between this appointment and the last one (they were a month apart.)
  • Baby's heartbeat was good. 
  • I'm supposed to log my blood sugar numbers and report back in a month.
  • Today, I got two shots: flu vaccine and Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis-  mainly to prevent the baby from getting whooping cough in the first few months of life.) I am for vaccines. 
  • I also had my hemoglobin tested (for anemia) and it came back 11. They said they usually supplement with iron if its 10.9 or lower. I was glad to know this, because I haven't really been paying attention to my iron intake (just protein). Now I can pay more attention to that (and take my vitamins more often which I haven't been.) The nurse said it'll give me more energy, which I would love. 
Speaking of low energy, I've had a couple of horribly low-energy days in the past week. I would love prayer specifically that God would give me enough energy to be there for Pete and the kids, and generally keep our house running. And also that I wouldn't despair. Sometimes I get so tired physically that it affects all my emotions too. I want to choose to trust God as He gets me through every day.

1 comment:

  1. I know that exhaustion. It is killer. I can pray from experience on that one. It is truly exhausting mentally, physically, and emotionally to care for 2 little ones while growing a third AND keeping a household.

    ReplyDelete