Sunday, December 8, 2013

Stomach Bug Update

A week ago, Adam had a 12ish hour stomach bug that kept him and us up all night. Two days later, I got it and was also in labor. By the time I got to the hospital, around midnight, I had ceased throwing up and then gave birth at 4:30 am. Two days later, Lucy got it and Pete stayed up all night with her since it was our first night home from the hospital with new baby. Two days later, my mom got it while traveling home to Georgia. And finally, to top it all off, Pete got it yesterday and threw up in the middle of the night. Phew.

Needless to say, we are all very tired. We are praying that this is the last straw and we won't see this virus again.

God is good and he is gracious, even in the midst of this chaos. He's given me what I need: enough sleep to function, help from family, friends to watch the older kids, and meals from people from church. We are so thankful.

Currently it is snowing outside, Pete is sleeping, the kids are playing quietly, and Herman is napping. We are in a warm house and God gave me energy to make a nutritious breakfast for me, the kids, and Pete's family before they left.

I can't say I will have this peaceful mood in all moments today or this week, but I pray that God would continue to give us much grace and we would rely fully on him.

"You keep in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:3-4

1 comment:

  1. So, so sorry to hear that Pete caught the bug too:( I'm still on the tail end of it, but improving. Can't believe you were making breakfast for everyone this morning! Such a blessing to read your sweet words and to see your reliance on the Lord, as well as your grateful attitude. The peace you have is surely an encouragement to me and others! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete