Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My First "Moms" Event

Today I got to have lunch with Judy Douglass (wife of the president of CCC) along with 3 other pregnant women during our day visiting the national headquarters of CCC. She wanted to meet especially with us to talk about being a mom on staff and what our role might look like as we transition to staff as moms with kids. I was so grateful because I have been thinking about that a lot lately!! (And apparently it is rare to get such a small audience with her!)

It was super fun to meet and talk with her and get a vision of what life will be like with children. I love being a part of CCC because of the high value of family and the high value of the mission: to see lost people turned into Christ-centered laborers. What I took from the meeting today was this:
  • That I need to be walking in the Spirit, willing to do what God wants me to do.
  • That my home is a base for ministry.
  • That I need to be involved in the campus ministry in what ways I can (I am still in the process of getting lots of ideas from other staff moms of what they do each week.)
  • That I can be in the mission in other ways through my church, school groups, with neighbors, etc.
I'm excited to see what the Lord has for me as I transition to motherhood. I've loved being a part of campus ministry so much for the past few years (as a student and intern), so I am also looking forward to continuing to be a part of that in the way He leads at our new assignment in Central Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment