Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Second Most-Asked Question:

Q: How are you feeling?

A: Surprisingly well! I have been very tired (feel like I could go to bed at 9, wake up at 10...) and sometimes queasy. I haven't thrown up in several weeks (week 6 and week 8 were marked by some of that.) Sometimes I get crampy, and I generally have most of the other pregnancy symptons you hear about to a small degree. Thankfully, Pete says I haven't been too moody. :)

On another note, we have been pretty amazed at what's going on inside my body. Check out these cool facts:
  • Even though I'm not showing yet, the baby is 2 inches long already!
  • Even though the baby is only 2 inches long, he or she already has a nose, lips, eyes, hair follicles, nail beds, tiny fingers and toes, kidneys, bones, a growing brain, muscles, gums, a tongue, and much more.
  • His or her heart started beating 6 weeks ago!
We're pretty in awe of God and how He creates. I've never felt Psalm 139 be so real before now when it talks about how God knits us together in our mother's wombs.


At the request of several people so far, I'll start posting "belly pictures" soon.

1 comment:

  1. If he's got muscles already, that must be from you. Pete was floppy, remember?

    ReplyDelete